Wandering Through Moe's Wondering

I have always tended to wonder more than most people. I wonder why that is. Although fibromyalgia has limited my physical wonderings it has also given me a new perspective on the world. This has added to my mental wondering, when I’m not in a fibro fog This blog is a place for me to post my wondering thoughts. Maybe I will find others who also wonder about the same things. Maybe if keeping a log of my wonderings will help me figure things out. Join in my wandering through wonderings.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

How do boys live long enough to propagate?

Here is yet another example for my wondering expressed in my post of Jan. 2, 2005.

  • "I wonder how boys live long enough to propagate"
  • "I wonder how mothers survive raising sons."
============

Riverside police: 2 men died of drug overdoses
By JASON HARRIS
Burlington County Times

June 20, 2005 5:37 AM

RIVERSIDE - Police are calling the deaths of two township men accidental overdoses, pending the release of toxicology reports.

The bodies of Joshua Lanning, 20, and Anthony North, 19, were found inside a Bem Street house Saturday. Autopsies were performed on the bodies yesterday. A full toxicology report is due in three to four weeks.

According to Detective Lou Fisher, Lanning and North were using fentanyl patches to get high.

Fentanyl is a powerful, pain-killing narcotic similar to morphine. Fisher said North, who graduated from Riverside High School on Thursday, had been prescribed fentanyl and Percocet, another painkilling narcotic, after he was shot in the face in April.

"It appears he (was getting) the patches on the street," Fisher said. "They weren't using them as prescribed."

Fisher said Lanning and North "were boiling (fentanyl) patches in water, drinking the water and sucking the patches" to get high.

Police were called to the house at 701 Bem St. after the bodies were found Saturday afternoon.

North was a running back on the Riverside High School football team.

He was a four-year starter whose high school career came to an end when he suffered an ankle injury last fall.

In April, he was shot in the face inside a Rancocas Avenue duplex rented by his mother.

Police said the shooter was James Boardman, 20, of Philadelphia.

Fisher said North may have been called to testify against Boardman later this year.

Email: jharris@phillyBurbs.com

==============
Quotes for today

- "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Anonymous

- "It is a youthful failing to be unable to control one's impulses."
Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

- "I don't want to sound Pollyannaish, but I hope that out of a tragedy like this something good will come. I hope we understand we're one family. "
Madeleine Albright (1937 - ), Making Sense of the Unimaginable, O Magazine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home